Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Paying The Price To Have My Babies

Some women are really lucky that they don’t suffer much from pregnancy problems while some are plagued with all the classic pregnancy symptoms. I fall into the group of unlucky pregnant women for I suffered from many problems during all 3 of my pregnancies, especially during my first pregnancy. I had a sensitive uterus, bleeding gums, bad bout of morning sickness, acne outbreak on my face, rashes on my body, dry and peeling skin, varicose veins, sciatica, nose bleed, heartburn and dizziness. The varicose veins on my thighs worsened during each of my pregnancy. It was so bad during my third pregnancy that both my thighs and ankles have big, ugly patches of purplish spider veins and my legs hurt too. I couldn’t stand too long or walk too much, otherwise my thighs will be more swollen. When I could no longer stand the sight of my unsightly legs, I bought a pair of compression socks and wore them for 4 months every night before going to bed and the condition improved. Immediately after the birth of Baby C, most of the varicose veins miraculously went away.

It’s already 4 months since the birth of Baby C and my tummy still looks like a 3-month old pregnant belly. Despite me jogging and doing crunches on my fitball everyday, the stubborn belly fat ain’t going away. I am even thinking of getting some compression garments to wear on my belly to rid the bulging belly. I saw some compression garments at recoveryelements.com and I am thinking of getting either a binder or an abdominal girdle. They look good and I think the compression garment will be able to help me flatten my belly. I may even want to get a gel eye mask from this online shop to soothe my very tired and puffy eyes. I’ve only been getting about 5 hours of sleep for the past few months. Well, that’s the price I have to pay to have 3 beautiful angels and I have absolutely no regrets with it!

No comments: