Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Sunday

Hubby scooted off for work early in the morning. He's been really busy lately with work. I wanted to go jogging alone in the morning but Alycia woke up early too and I had no choice but to let her follow me. After about 5 minutes of jogging with me, she complained of leg pain and tummy ache. See how unfit she is. Anyway, she jogged for about 15 minutes before we headed home and I continued working out on the trampoline.

For lunch, I asked my maid to pan-fry a chunk of salmon that hubby bought yesterday. I told her three times that she is to pan-fry the salmon for I know she will surely forget. My maid tends to be very absent-minded when it comes to cooking and will surely screw up a dish 9 out of 10 times when I leave her to do the cooking. I then went upstairs to bathe Baby C. When I came down, I sensed something was wrong when I could not smell salmon. The house should be aromatic and smell of salmon if the salmon was being pan-fried but nope, no smell of fish..... something fishy is going on! I rushed to the kitchen and saw my maid in the wet kitchen, next to the cooking stove and the salmon was inside the wok --- being steamed! I was steaming mad as she had forgotten again what I had told her. I then told her to quickly remove the salmon from the wok and start frying it.

The half steamed, half pan-fried salmon. The ginger shouldn't be there but my maid put them in as she thought that all fish should be cooked with ginger. Almost disastrous but luckily still tasted good as the fish was very fresh. I squeezed some fresh lemon juice on the salmon to add some zest and flavor to the fish.


Alycia and Sherilyn's lunch - fried vermicelli with half steamed half pan fried salmon and organic Japanese cucumbers.


Alycia and Sherilyn can never get bored of eating noodles and don't even mind eating them everyday, if they have a choice.



Whilst we ate, Baby C dozed off on her highchair again. Oh, she doesn't suck the pacifier, I let her chew on it since she loves putting things into her mouth these days.

Aly and Sher spent much of their time today playing with their new lanterns that daddy bought them. Check out their modern-day lanterns too!

8 comments:

凯妈 said...

you should make a recipe book for your maid, ask her to study everyday.

Anonymous said...

Haha, poor thing .. Next time, get a Teriyaki sauce prepared in the kitchen and it pairs well with pan fried salmon with ginger :) Just a little tip!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

mmmm...the salmon still looks yummy!!!!

oh my...look at Baby C!. She's getting chubbier *fingers trying to pinch her cheeks, thighs and hands*

btw, please visit my blog...i would like to borrow something from you...LOL

Health Freak Mommy said...

Vivian.... I doubt she will read the recipe book coz I've even given her a duty roster and she doesn't read it too.

HN.... I love Terriyaki sauce too!

Barb... np, come and borrow her from me when u r ready, LOL!

mommy of 3 angels said...

wah jog then jump then scold maid then get girls to eat then....wah so much energy!

eh baby is soooo cute...ya now is the put-everything-in-mouth stage!

Anonymous said...

the salmon still looks nice to me... so how does it taste?

Rachel said...

hmm..your maid does have a memory problem. either that or she doesn't understand your instruction..

We usually pan fried the Salmon with sliced ginger but we fried the ginger till its crispy.. it yummy and kids love it too.

Lemonjude said...

still look good la...