Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day



There wasn't a big celebration yesterday. Hubby and mil brought Alycia and Sherilyn to Mid Valley in the morning as my mil wanted to go to the GAP boutique to change the pair of jeans that my sil from HK bought for Alycia last week. As usual, I had to stay home with Baby C. I was advised by our paed to avoid bringing Baby C to crowded places as her immune system could be a tad weak from all the antibiotics that she's taking now. Hubby tar pau half a steamed chicken from Crystal Jade Restaurant for me for my lunch

As for dinner, my mil steamed a huge 'yim kai' (neutered chicken), made 'kon cheen har loke' (pan fried huge prawns), steamed a huge 'tau tai chong' fish (pomfret) and stir fried some vegetables. In case you are wondering what differences are there in a neutered chicken, well, the meat is very firm, the skin is thicker, more yellow in color and 'crunchier' than regular chickens and the meat tastes better. It's quite rare to find neutered chicken these days and my hub's aunt bought it from Ipoh

After dinner, the gals sang "happy father's day" to daddy (in the tune of happy birthday), blew the candle and cut the cake. It was my favorite green tea red bean cake from my favorite bakery. How was your father's day celebration yesterday?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to celebrate father's day..:)

dumb-baker said...

What a blissful family you have :) I'm so envy of you! hehe....wonder 10 years from now i'll enjoy a blissful family like you too!