Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, April 7, 2008

Alycia, My Ballerina




These pix were taken during last week's ballet class. There was a heavy downpour on that day and the teacher was stuck in a horrendous traffic jam on the highway. Thus, there was no proper class. Instead, a Grade 1 student led the class. Anyway, the class will be replaced.

As you can see, most of the students have long hair, except for Alycia and her little aunty (behind Alycia) who are newbies. The teacher informed us that students should preferably have long hair and fringes as they are required to tie them up into a bun during their exams. While little girls do look more feminine and cuter with long hair, I think it is not quite practical to keep long hair and long fringes as the weather here is just so humid and hot and Alycia sweats a lot. I normally wash her hair twice a day, but with long hair, it's really not practical to have it washed twice a day.

How often do you wash your kids' hair?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aly look so pretty.. !! i washed the brat's hair every other day.. :)

Vickylow said...

Due to Chloe short and thin hair, she get her hair wash everyday. I think for long hair children alternate day will be okay.

凯妈 said...

I keep my daughter's hair medium long, wash everyday after school. If we go Chinese primary school, must cut short when Standard 1.

MamaJo said...

Geee...just like ANGEL....so lovely....my is boy so, I don't have problem at all....but, it is true, that I still prefer a short hair for girl when they are young...pity little girl, when they have to 'swing' their hair....