Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Want To Do My Homework Too

Each time I coach Alycia in her homework, Sherilyn will go "I want to do my homework too!" And she will look for her exercise book and try to do whatever her cheh cheh is doing. I bought her an exercise book with boxes and she does her writing, scribbling and drawing in the book. She will even pretend that her imaginary teacher gave her homework to do.


Alycia doing her homework.



With Sherilyn following suit.

Whenever my mum is here, Sherilyn will even call my mum "teacher, teacher" as she fights for attention. Sher can be quite distractive asking loads of questions and demanding for this and that each time I teach Alycia. It's difficult to be answering both her endless questions and teaching Alycia in her homework simultaneously. People say a 2nd child is always aggresive and is an attention seeker and I find it so true with Sherilyn. I wonder how she will behave when her little sister arrives in 1.5 week's time.

3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hm...i thought kids learn more when they ask a lot of questions, no?

Anonymous said...

Now that my boy has entered school, when he sees JS doing homework, he wants to join in too, that makes him feel like a big boy, not a baby. :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb... yup, it's good that kids ask lots of questions but when I am concentrating teaching Alycia, her never-ending queries can be really irritating and distract Alycia as well. It's really hard to be teaching one child with another child constantly tugging at you and seeking attention.

Elaine... Same with Sherilyn too!