Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, February 29, 2008

Final Ultimatum

Bear with me ok, here's another long ranting on my pet peeve....

Yesterday evening, my maid agent dropped by my house to counsel my Cambodian maid. After the counseling session, my maid appeared even more dreamy, forgetful and now she even puts on a 'hak meen sun' face (black face). The whole of this morning, she gave me a blank look as if physically she was here but her mind was somewhere else. When she was feeding Sherilyn breakfast this morning, she fell asleep and I had to wake her up! Minutes later, her eyes were fixated at an object and she was oblivious to the surroundings (fatt ngau tau).

Next, she was keeping the clean laundry from the clothes hanger outside and left the clothes in the living room whilst she hung out the wet laundry. Sherilyn then began to play with the clothes and scattered them on the floor. When I picked the clothes up, I was shocked that most of the clothes were still damp. When I asked her why she had kept the clothes as they were still wet, she gave me a blank look. By then I was really pissed off with her. I had to check the clothes piece by piece to single out the wet ones. When I asked her to touch the clothes herself and asked her to tell me if they were wet or dry, she just shoke her head slowly as if telling me the clothes are dry! She appeared really blur and 'moa sum kei' (lack of enthusiasm and zeal to work) and I really felt like shaking her shoulders to wake her up from her dream. I asked her to be frank with me and to let me know if she wanted to continue working for me and she said yes. I counseled her and told her to buckle up.

Just a moment ago, my maid, Sherilyn and I were upstairs in my room. My maid was changing the bed sheet and I was in the toilet. When I came out from the toilet, I realized that Sherilyn, my Miss Accident Prone had gone out of the room, jumping away and running down the stairs. My blur maid was dreaming away, obviously very oblivious to the surroundings and did not even notice that Sherilyn had opened the door and ran downstairs. I gave her a piece of my mind and told her that if she does not buckle up and keeps dreaming and being forgetful, I will send her back to the agent. I was very frank with her and told her that the agent has offered me a new replacement temp Indon maid but I chose to give her a chance to turn over a new leaf. I will give her one week to change and if she shows no improvement by next Friday, I will send her back to the agent and this time, I really mean it as I can no longer tolerate her.

8 comments:

Annie Q said...

OMG! What happen and what's wrong with her! If i will you, i will also "burning hot"!! Sure i will scream! Like mine, after ok for while, now start back her blurness again, wake up late, do housework only when i told her. I told her to mop the floor and water the flower everyday, now she "forget" again! Have to get nag and scolding & shouting from me, then she wake up and do her work again. Sometime i ask her, do u want me to see your ma'an cry in front of you and beg you to do the housework huh? Me also very pissed! :(

Vickylow said...

Oh GOSH you must be tired to deal with her. After reading your post I really wanna splash water to her face to wake her up haha

Anonymous said...

I salute u for being so patient! May the new temp one be a good one

Anonymous said...

after all that has happened, u still giving her yet another chance. i salute u. if myself arh, she has already long gone.

furthermore you are pregnant, not good to stress up urself often.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Peeps.... thanks all for the comments. My patience is already wearing thin. I really hope she will buckle up, otherwise I will really return her to the agent next week.

Anonymous said...

I think you should send her back.. no point wasting your time. We were like you .. with our ex-employees.. but in the end.. they did more harm to us than anything.. :(
I tend not to give ppl like that any chance.. because ppl donch change.. they just camouflage their real true color.. till they know they cannot make use of you.

slavemom said...

If she's blur/forgetful with housework, I can still 'yann'. But if she's careless where the children r concerned, that I cannot tolerate. If she's not showing any improvement at all, do send her back fast. B4 she creates bigger probs.

ling said...

Wow, yop have a very good agent. My current agent, Indo Maids won't care-no phone call to follow up nor house visitation when I complaint several times to them.
I said I want to sent her back, she said give her a chance and try again. Who knows, I tried and eventaully we got wrong dates and she is over 3 months 5 days.
They said they provide a professional services and I boo them!