Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 7, 2008

Hi-5


My kids love watching the Hi-5 series more than Barney or any other cartoons.... and they are not the only ones who enjoy watching them, even I love watching them. They have learnt so much from these Australian educational VCDs. Whilst most educational VCDs are a tad boring and dry, Hi-5 is very entertaining and most kids I know of love them. Some of the things that Alycia and Sherilyn have learnt through these VCDs are phonics, body parts (not simple body parts but parts with scientific names that I don't even know!), cause and effect, musical instruments, colors, shapes, sounds that animals make, types of dance and much more. Of course, Alycia and Sherilyn's grammar and vocab have also improved.... and sometimes they even speak in Aussie slang. Sometimes, the three of us would dance together to the catchy music.

3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

ahh..this is nice too. I like Hi-5. I wonder if Ashley would like them. She's now into watching shows with children singing.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb... I can lend the VCDs to you if you want. Just let me know ok?

MamaJo said...

Jona love Hi-5 too..that's his favorite when he switch on the tv...