Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, December 17, 2007

I Hope I Don’t Have To Go To Drub Rehab!

When my parents came back from China several weeks ago, my dad bought me 6 bottles of Dom (a kind of alcohol) and brandy for me to consume during my one month confinement after the birth of my third baby next year. For the Chinese, it is advisable to consume lots of alcohol for one month after the delivery of the baby as alcohol is known to keep the body warm.

The alcohol is used to cook many of the dishes served to a woman in confinement. In between meals, she is also advised to drink alcohol, especially after baths to keep the body warm. I really love those alcohol cooked dishes and I just can’t wait to eat those alcohol dishes again. I just hope I won’t get addicted to alcohol after the one month confinement period, else I will have to check myself into a drug rehab center like Cliffside Malibu to detox my body of alcohol. But even if I have to check into this drug rehab center, I won’t feel like a prisoner coz the center is located at the posh Malibu area where celebrities live and the view there is fabulous. Meals are even served buffet style in a panoramic dining room facing the beautiful ocean. I think it would be more like a vacation there than undergoing drug rehab treatment.

No comments: