Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, November 26, 2007

Potato Patties



Here's a dish that most kids will love - potato patties with minced chicken meat. It's actually a Malay dish which I have modified.



Ingredients :

1) 3 medium sized potatoes
2) Chicken breast
3) 1 or 2 eggs
4) Salt
5) Pepper
6) Chopped spring onions
7) A dash of mixed herbs (optional)


Method :
1) Steam potatoes until soft and mash them.
2) Blend the chicken meat.
3) Put the mashed potatoes and meat in a large mixing bowl and add in the beaten egg, pepper, salt and chopped spring onions. Mix well.
4) Pan fry under medium fire in olive oil in a non-stick skillet.

Alycia and Sherilyn love these patties. Even Miss Spitty Spat Sherilyn ate them. There are still 2 more frozen batches in my freezer and I can re-toast the patties for the girls to eat them with Mac & Cheese or spaghetti this week.

Another wholesome dish from Health Freak Mommy.

3 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

Thanks for sharing. I will try it, I assume it is deep fried?

Health Freak Mommy said...

BP... no, they are pan-fried. I never do any deep fried style cooking at home - too oily.

Anonymous said...

Yums..! going try this.. and see if my brat would eat it or not.. ;)