Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Oodles Of Soba



Yesterday, I cooked organic soba noodles with chicken balls and vegetables in watercress chicken soup for the gals. It's another very simple lunch dish. All you have to do is to mince some chicken meat, marinate them with a dash of sesame seed oil, pepper, salt and corn flour (corn flour makes the meat smooth and not rough).



In a pot of boiling water, cook the soba noodles and blanch the vege. Strain and leave aside. Then, form the minced chicken meat into balls and drop them one by one into the pot of hot water. Strain and scoop up. Pour some soup into the noodles and serve. You can also cook some anchovies soup to go with the noodles. For added protein, you can even break an egg into the boiling soup.


Just another wholesome and healthy meal for your toddlers brought to you by Health Freak Mommy!

3 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Yummy!!! But alas...my munchkin doesn't eat meat :(

Anonymous said...

Very wholesome.. besides the noodles.. i doubt my brat would eat anything else there.. :(

Estee Soo said...

Another healthy recipe for me to try. Thks!! I shall go find the soba noodles and let my 5 year old try it out. As for me I shall definitely eat with cili padi or maybe a dash of cili flakes. hehehe.