Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Lightning Bummer

One advertising network was releasing offers one by one at snail's pace when suddenly there were lighting, thunder and a heavy downpour. I had already grabbed a few offers when the lightning became more intense. I couldn't make a decision whether to continue refreshing my screen and wait for more offers to pour in or switch off my modem. Suddenly a strong lightning struck followed by a roaring thunder which caused my screen to vibrate momentarily and my streamyx connection was cut off. My heart was pounding with fear and I quickly switched off my modem, disconnect the wire and took a short power nap. When I switched on my modem again (praying hard that it wasn't struck by lightning), thank God it was still working. Phew, what a heart attack it gave me!

2 comments:

Chinneeq said...

very scared hor.. when there is a heavy rain and lightning begin to strike, I would not waste any second pulling off the connecting line from the wall. Can't afford to risk not having any modemn or laptop for even one day, hehe...

Anonymous said...

Wow..!! scarey..! i would have turned it off. .the minute it started..! not worth the risk.. coz' computer can go rosak too.. ;)