Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Double Boiled Pear With Snow Fungus


That's my weekly pregnancy 'poa pun' or nourishing stuff - double boiled pears with snow fungus and honey dates. I think this concoction tastes very good - it's naturally sweet, fragrant and soothing for the throat but too bad Alycia and Sherilyn don't like the smell of it. I had this last week and today, I have asked my maid to cook another pot, this time using China Ya pears which are more fragrant and cheaper than the huge brown pear (expensive too) that I used last week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrrrghhh..!! you post reminded me.. that i had forgotten to buy snow fungus.. and wood fungus.. Arrrghhhh..!!

Leena said...

my mum said snow fungus is just as good as bird nest. and much cheaper too.

Unknown said...

I should try on this..:)how long do you boil this?

MamaJo said...

Ooooo...I didn't know can boil pear together with fungus...

Annie Q said...

U can also drink "foo chok yee mai" twice a week, very "yuen". when i'm pregnant, my MIL use to boil this for me.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena....the Chinese say that snow fungus is the poor man's birds nest :)

Sweetiepie... i double boil it for at least 3 hours.

AnnieQ... i drink barley every other day coz i boil it for my gals. I love foo chok yee mai too.