Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Deepavali Cheer





On the eve of Deepavali last week, my Sikh neighbor gave me a pleasant surprise when she presented me with a basket of food. I was hoping that there were her delicious curry and tosei inside the basket but instead, there were 3 jars of Muruku, bee hives and London Almond cookies together with some peaches and fragrant pears. Anyway, this time I managed to subtly tell her that I love the smell of her curries and hinted to get some of her homecooked curries soon. She was so proud to hear that compliment and said she will definitely give me some the next time she cooks them. See how greedy and desperate I am, even had the cheek to tell somebody to give me her curry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Desperate needs calls for desperate measures.. ;) and pregnant woman is always right.. ;)