Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Alycia Is Learning Mandarin


Alycia has been attending additional Mandarin classes in her pre-school for almost 3 months now. She still attends these classes during the school holidays. Each time she comes home from school with homework, I have a real tough time coaching her as I'm just as blur and clueless in my Mandarin. My knowledge of the Mandarin language is just very basic and I can only recognize basic simple words. So most times, I have to read up her book to teach her! It's like learning up Mandarin myself! When my mil is around, I can ask her for help but when she's not, sometimes Alycia's homework gets undone coz mummy just doesnt know how to teach her. What a shame. I'm really contemplating sending her to a Chinese school next year.

6 comments:

Chinneeq said...

hehe...so cute!! Look at her chubby cheecks!!

Chinese is sure tough, but essential to learn now :p

Joshua & Bryant's mummy said...

Jeffrey kor kor would love to teach her..........=)

chanelwong said...

chinese is not easy..
she can write welll....

Leena said...

her writin is very nice and neat ah.
i'm also not chinese ed myself, goin to be tough if i were to send shern to chinese school in the future.

Anonymous said...

Ally is definitely doing better than chloe.. in terms of school.. and writing. ;)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jeff & Shir Lin... good, next time I'm lost, I'll ask Jeff to teach Alycia!