Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Updates - Sherilyn's Fever

Whilst having her afternoon nap a moment ago, Sherilyn started to cough and cry. The cry turned into wail and she was obviously in great discomfort. She sounded like there's a lot of phlegm stuck in her throat and in a lying position, the phlegm was gagging her and making her nauseous. I quickly pulled her up, hugged her and stroke her back. She continued to cry in discomfort and seconds later, she puked. Luckily I was already well prepared. I have plastic bags located at every corner of the house within easy reach, as my 2 gals have a tendency to puke all the time. After puking, I put Sherilyn back to sleep but she cried again and coughed. It sounded like there is still some more phlegm stuck in her throat. I quickly pulled her up, stroke her back and brought her to the kitchen. She puked again, but this time only phlegm. She is unable to sleep comfortably in a supine position or side ways. As I'm typing this post, Sherilyn is alseep on my lap, with her heavy hard head lying on my chest. I know she feels much more comfortable sleeping in this position but I'm feeling really uncomfortable! That's the labour of love!

5 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

poor sher. nothing like the warmth of a mommy's chest :D

Mamapumpkin said...

Awww.....that is so sweet....

Anonymous said...

Poor girls, must be tough on you as well. One suggestion for ulcers. Give your kids vanilla flavoured ice cream (provided they are not coughing). It soothes the ulcers. That was the first thing the nurse fed me after I've had my tonsils removed. I was prescribed ice cream for the next 2 weeks during recovery. Yippee! I've had tonsilitis so often as a kid that I'm always sick (fever and sore throat). I took so much antibiotics and missed schools very often. Despite old wives tale that one will not grow tall once the tonsils are removed, I had them removed when I was 9. Since then, I am seldom sick till now. Thank God!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Anonymous... tks 4 the ice cream suggestion. Actually I have thought of buying them ice cream too. Maybe I'll get them some today!

MamaJo said...

U know what, both my sons are so easily puke as well. And, I really really scared if they fall sick esp cough....