Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Update - Sherilyn's Fever

Sherilyn's temperature shot up to almost 40 degrees Celsius last night at around 8pm. Quickly gave her a Voltaren suppository despite her strong protest. Her temp then went down but at 4am, she walked into our room. She said "daddy I want to drink water" and when daddy gave her the tumbler, she gulped down all the water and asked for more. She then kept talking and talking and I knew that it's her high temp which made her brain go 'out of sync'. This usually happens to the gals when they have high fever. Alycia will have illusions and Sher will keep talking, but intelligently. I checked her temp and it showed 39.3 degrees Celsius. I immediately gave her another suppository. For the next 1 hour, Sher just clung on to her new Barney stickers and kept talking to me (luckily intelligent talk and not on wierd stuff!). Daddy will bring her to the paed later.

4 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh dear...sorry to hear that :( how's alycia? as for the suppository, i always thought that we can only put them for our kids once every 12 hours ? No?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb... Aly's ok now and is still taking her antibiotics. As for supp, our paed said not to put more than 3 supps in a day or put once every 8 hours.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy..! glad to hear she is ok now.. :)
praying for her.. ya.. :)

MamaJo said...

What happen to Sherilyn? Poor little girl..I really scare when my sons got fever....