Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, October 15, 2007

Pan-fried Fish Cake



This is my all-time favorite dish - pan-fried fish paste / fish cake ('yue peng'). My hubby usually asks his cook to make the fish paste from 'kau yue' or mackeral fish or if she's busy, he'll buy them from the pasar malam. I normally use the fish paste to make fish balls to go with noodles or pan-fry them into fish cakes. I normally ask my maid to pan-fry a big batch and I will store them in batches in tiny air-tight containers in the freezer. When we're too busy to cook, my maid will defrost the fish cakes, make some anchovies soup and we will all eat meehoon with the fish cakes. My gals prefer this kind of simple meal than rice with dishes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alas..! no fishcake or fishball here..! and i donch know how to make them from scratch.. :(