Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, October 22, 2007

How The Gals Are Taking The Pregnancy

Right from the beginning, Alycia has not been too pleased with mummy's pregnancy. Being the first child and only grandchild on both sides of our families, she used to get all the love and attention from everyone. When Sherilyn came along, she took it quite well but there were times we could see the jealous streak in her. At the intitial stage of my pregnancy, she was always in 'denial' that mummy has a baby in her tummy. She's starting to accept the baby now and at times when she's happy and in a good mood, she would hug me and kiss my tummy.

Sherilyn on the other hand has been very generous with her love for the baby. Before going to bed each night, she never fails to say "goodnite bebe" and then kisses my tummy. When she woke up this morning, the first thing she did was said "good morning bebe" and waved her hand at my tummy. She also kisses and hugs my tummy all the time. She's such a sweet and loving child. Maybe 'meeting' the baby during each of the ultrasound scans has made her closer to the baby. She gets so fascinated seeing the baby on the screen. Sherilyn is always in the ultrasound scan room with us during each scan whilst Alycia would be at school.

I hope both the gals will turn out to be really caring and loving big sisters to the baby in future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure they will. .no worries.. :)

Vickylow said...

Girls are really sweet huh.

Chinneeq said...

Shireen, i just went for my scan today, to check the "leftovers". QQ was standing near to me and guess what did she ask? "Ma, scan and see the baby ah?" How heart wrenching....sigh....

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chin Nee... don't worry, you'll get pregnant again soon :)

MamaJo said...

You definitely must feel so warmed and please to see both your girls so love the baby - touching, hugging....I bring Jona for ultrascan every times when I preggie Isaac, but, came out, still jealous wor...