Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Neighbour Is Driving Me Crazy With....

.... her curries. Every morning at around 10ish am, my Sikh neighbour will start to cook her curry. First I hear her blending the onions and stuff in the blender and in less than an hour's time, I smell her heavenly curry. I tell you, the mouth watering aroma of the curries that wafted from her kitchen to our kitchen each morning can really make my tummy rumble and growl. I love curries, especially the authentic Indian or Sikh curries. And my neighbour is such a good cook. Not only do her curries whet my appetite, even the aroma of her fried chicken and fried stuff are driving me hungry every morning. Yesterday, I met my neighbour at the van selling vegetables outside our house and I told her that her curries smell damn good and hinted to her that one day, I have to sample them. She just smiled proudly. I hope she got the hint and will one day, ring on my door bell and present me with a bowl of her delicious curry! I'm gluttonous, ain't I?

10 comments:

Blur Angel said...

hi! oh no , thank god u r not staying in my house! i am renting a room from a Sikh family! everyday the whole house smells of curry and roti/chapati

Anonymous said...

I bet yer'll get curry real soon. :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hahaha...does your hair smell of curry too? i love curries but i don't think i can stand smelling curries all the time :D

Anonymous said...

Haha..with such a hint, your neighbor will definitely bring over a big bowl of curry for you.

Farah Deen said...

hi,interesting blog and your angels are CUTE!

Anonymous said...

wah.. so nice! I wish my neighbor would bring me curry!! hehe...

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to taste her curry real soon, or better yet why don't you ask her to teach you make some curried recipes.

btw, I just tagged you. You can find it here, http://hipncoolmomma.com/?p=662

No hurry, do it in your spare time

LHS said...

i know the feel, as last time my neighbor also like that, they are malay, the situation turned worse during the puasa time.

MamaJo said...

My Indian neighbour fried 'ikan masin' always make my saliva drooling..

Health Freak Mommy said...

Blur Angel and Farah... thanks for visiting my blog.