Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Only Want To Learn Drum and Guitar

Often times, I'd ask Alycia what sort of extra curricular activities she wants to learn. Piano, ballet, swimming, gymnastics, art? Her answer is always "i only want to learn drum and guitar". Aiyoh.... goodness girl, why drum and guitar of all musical instrument? Learning piano and ballet are fun, mummy also learnt piano and ballet when she was a little girl, now she can play nice music on the piano and dance like a ballerina, why not? Granny has even promised to buy you a real piano if you agree to learn piano. The answer is still a big NO. Ain't drums and guitars only for boys? I don't know, really. Today, Alycia told me she wants to learn trumpet as she saw Nathan from High 5 blowing a trumpet and it looked so fun!

Alycia loves drums and guitars so much that she always pretends to strum her bolsters and books and hit on boxes and tupperware containers with Sherilyn to create 'music' as they rock their bodies and shake their heads whilst doing their performance. Ooouch.... those deafening fortissimo can really drive me insane. I sure hope Alycia changes her mind next year.

2 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

I was a lil apprehensive too when my 13 yr old girl came to me and asked if she could study guitar, my initial reaction was oh no she's gonna be a rockstar! but i did let her study guitar, it's pretty cool

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hip n Cool Momma... really? I shall seek advice fr u later shd I really decide to send Alycia for guitar classes!