Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, May 14, 2007

An Unforgetable Mothers' Day

Yesterday's Mothers' Day was quite an eventful one for me. Well, the day started off well but ended in a nightmarish note. As usual, my maid will jaga the gals in their room each night when I fix them their milk in the kitchen downstairs. Yesterday, my samseng Sherilyn tried to climb up the table to switch on the stereo. My maid then used the cane on her. I still don't know if she actually hit Sherilyn or not but Sherilyn who is very attached to my maid cried incessantly. It wasn't a painful cry but an upset cry as she was obviously very upset that her kakak had hit her / threatened to hit her. Only God knows whether my maid had hit her or not.

The crying session lasted about 1 hr until bedtime. As I slept with the gals, Sherilyn who was still crying (as if she wanted her kakak to sayang her back)suddenly choked and after a few coughs, vomitted. OMG, she vomitted like a just erupted volcano ... all her dinner and her milk spewed out onto the new mattress, the pillows, comforter, all over her hair and everything on the bed. To make matters worst, Alycia got scared and tried to cover the stinky vomit with all the blankets and cried coz her pjs also kena the vomit and she wanted me to change her pjs immediately. Oh God, it was messy, really messy and stinky and it was 11pm for pete's sake. I could barely open my eyes nor move my tired body. I then yelled out to my maid to help clean up the mess and as she entered the room, I erupted like a volcano too screaming at my maid and snapped at her. I told her that no one can hit my gals except me. My maid denied hitting Sherilyn and said she just threatened her with the cane. She was even in tears when I queried her further. Earlier when my maid left the room, I had asked Alycia if kakak had hit Sherilyn or not and Alycia replied dramatically "yes, very very hard and punched her hand and scolded her". I know I cannot fully trust my 3.5 yo drama queen's words for she is a very imaginitive girl and very exaggerative too. But I just had a guts feeling that my maid had hit Sherilyn to discipline her.

My maid and I spent the next 1 hour cleaning up the total mess in the room. Still seething with anger, I went down to the kitchen to fix Sherilyn another bottle of milk. As I opened the can of milk powder, I slopped milk powder everywhere on the counter and floor. GREAT, why must my hands play me up at such time? It was almost midnight then and I was sweating though I had just taken my shower. Spent another 10 mins cleaning up the mess in the kitchen. I ended my day being drenched with sweat and vomit. What a way to end Mothers' Day.

Oh, today my guilt-stricken maid was super nice and patient to my gals.


8 comments:

cairo's mommy said...

u poor thing! if u wanna be ah Q about it, just think of the episode as a real life example of wat a mom goes through for her kids :p

happy belated mother's day. may u have a more pleasant one next year :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Tks Cairo's mom. Happy belated moms' day to u too.

Leena said...

what a motherly messy day. mine is borin!

jazzmint said...

oh boy...i'm so sorry to hear that.

rest assure this doesn't happen again, it's certainly not right for the maid to hit your kids.

Anonymous said...

Did u chk if Sherilyn had any cane marks on her? I think u better make it clear to ur maid that she's not allowed to cane or threaten to cane (or hold the cane, for that matter) the girls. Toddlers, too often, r too 'curious' n uncontrollable (esp by the maid). But let her know that u'll be the one to discipline them. Not her.
My girl oso likes to 'bully' her kakak. She jes plain playful (and rough). But I tell my maid not to hit her. If my girl does anything wrong, jes let me know. I'll punish her myself.

Anonymous said...

U let the maid to use the cane to just even threaten ur kids? That's a big no no to my maid, though they might be wrong, I'm the one who can scold or reprimand them. The maid cannot even raise her voice at my kids!!

I shutter at the thought of your maid holding out a cane to your girl...not able to imagine that

Health Freak Mommy said...

Elaine ... my gals are very disobedient and samseng wan. Sadly, they only listen if I flash out the cane or raise my voice. During the day time nap, I even hv to be like a headmistress holding a cane in my hand to put them to sleep, else they will take forever to sleep. Now, I think my maid really got my point.

Anonymous said...

Poor thing..! i think the maid lagi frightened..!! Just monitor the maid closely .. ! coz' chloe also like to say stuff.. that ain't true.. too..!!