Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Roaches




One of my top 5 greatest phobias is cockroaches or any insects that have big flappy wings. I was just telling Leena (Baby Shern) 2 days ago that I just abhore roaches and the following day, I had a close encounter with a big brown roach.

I was about to feed Sherilyn her milk when at the corner of my eyes, I saw something big and brown with shiny flappy wings on my computer. I quickly turned my head to the computer and saw a huge, brown roach flapping its shiny wings as if telling me to stay away from it, else it will fly right through me and squirt some stinky black goo on my face. Eeewwww....... I just freaked out and screamed and yelled out to my maid "suuuuuu... cepat mari tolong saya, ada LIPAS, cepat angkat Shelltox". Su who was in the toilet rushed out with a can of aerosol and starting spraying the roach who then flew, eewwww.... and I ran for my dear life, pulling Sherilyn away. Luckily, the aerosol managed to suffocate poor siu keong (chinese nickname for cockroach) which then landed under the tv cabinet. I wanted to hug Su and thank her for killing that roach. I better call Rentokil today to service my house as soon as possible. So timid hor me, terrified of something which is so tiny and powerless, sigh.... :shake head:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me .. i hate lizards more..!! i freak out big time.. when i see them..! it's almost like they are looking at you .. and challenging you at times.. hhahha!

Unknown said...

ee...i also very geli of lizard, cant imagine what u do with it after it is trapped onto the sticky traps...

Sweetpea said...

it may be none of my business but it's not good to show this phobia/fear to your kids? they may end up just like you. my MIL used to grab all her kids and up on the chair whenever she saw a rat. my hubby is TERRIFIED of rats! maybe ok with gals coz they have knights in shining armors, but what about me?! i have to deal with them instead! kakakakaa!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chin Nee... dump those pests away lar, of course, yucks!

Sweetpea... i know it's not good to display such fear to my kids coz that will also develop this phobia in them but i just cant help it!! Anyway, everytime after each episode of screaming, I'll tell my gals not to be like mummy... i'll tell them that the cockroach is so tiny & harmless and they hv got to be brave to save mummy! Haha...