Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mosquitoes And Insects Trapper


Do you know what DH hates most? Mosquitoes. That's because 5 years ago, both he and MIL contracted Dengue Fever, both at the same time. I remember it was a few weeks after I had finished my 'confinement' when I suffered a miscarriage, that both DH and MIL were down with Dengue Fever. Barely over from the heartache, I had to muster up enough strength to care for 2 sick people, travelling to and fro house and hospital. It was one of the darkest moments in my life.

Ok, enough of sob story. After DH recovered from Dengue Fever, he developed a strong hatred for mosquitoes. Everyday, he'd carry a huge torchlight and a battery-operated mosquito zapper (like a badminton racquet) and go on a mosquito-hunting spree.

Recently, DH bought a mosquito/insect trapper which is really very effective. This trapper emits Carbon Dioxide (CO2), the kind of gas that we humans emit and an ultraviolet light that attract insects and mozzies. When the insects and mozzies enter the trapper, a fan will pull these bugs down to the base, which is a sticky pad. Everyday, there will be lots of mozzies and little insects trapped in the sticky pad. This device is so effective that DH bought another 3 units recently, with each unit costing around RM300. So for those looking for a solution to mozzies woes in your house, check out this trapper.

3 comments:

karenyiau said...

Hey I saw this once in a Ace hardware in 1-Utama I think, if it's that effective maybe I should try to get one too... Poor Dillon has always been mozzie's target, he now got many marks on his leg, don't want this on my next baby....

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hey, tks 4 dropping by my blog.
I got the trapper from a hardward shop in Bangsar Village, cant remember the name of the shop though.

Anonymous said...

Hey.. I donch blame your DH .. for coming back with a vengeance.. !! i would too.. !!