Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, May 21, 2007

A Good Work-out Session

It's not easy to remain a size 0 and maintain a weight of 43kg after having 2 kids. Each morning, whether rain or shine, I'll diligently rise at 6:45am to work-out, first on my fitball and then for a 30-40 minute jog round my neighbourhood.

Sherilyn my lil' brat seems to have an uncanny sense each time I leave my room in the morning. She will toss about in her bed, whimpering a tad bit with her eyes closed as if she can sense mummy is going to leave her behind and at times, she will wake up just before I open my room door, crying out and begging pathetically for me to bring her along. So what do I do if she wakes up before I leave? I will strap her in the stroller and tag her along. This morning, we did just that. Let me tell you, it ain't easy to jog and push a 13kg weight in a 7kg+ stroller (that makes 20kg!) uphill and downhill, up and down slopes and humps. It zaps off all the energy in you instantly. Only a pro jogger would understand what I am describing here. But it is a blessing in disguise as I managed to sweat profusely and burn up the extra calories I gained from the smorgasbord that I gorged on at the high-tea at PJ Hilton yesterday.


Sherilyn happily waiting to be pushed around in her stroller.



A very sweaty me... phoof....feels so energized.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

U need a jogger, lady. A lot of Seattle moms jog with stroller-joggers. They look like this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bab/334895471.html

The wheels are huge so can go over any terrain. Want one? hehe

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, looks cool. I've seen this b4 in KL but man, they are damn costly, like RM1-2k. If i can get one 2nd hand that cost RM50, i'll definitely get it right away.

Chinneeq said...

shireen, u really exercise a lot !!

Anonymous said...

Wow..!! 43Kg..!! i salute you ..!!!
If i can stay at 60 i would be the happiest woman on earth... hahhaha!!

cairo's mommy said...

wah, 43kg? another super woman hehehe. i've tried atkins too but dat was a couple of years ago and lost a lot on it but darn difficult to maintain d eating habit :(

btw, how do u make such deliciously bread and not eat it?!! argh!!!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mamabok, i m u can also achieve ur desired weight if u hv the will power & discipline to do it. Do you hv? Ha ha....

Health Freak Mommy said...

Cairo's mommy, i eat my homemade bread everyday, in fact my lunch is normally bread, only wholemeal bread with lots of nuts & seeds... these are good carbo with low GI, so wont really make u fat. Actually i still eat most of my fav food but in reduced portion, so the key word here is REDUCED portion & also EXERCISE, ha ha.

LZmommy said...

Wow! I salute you, 43kg! I can never shed the few extra kgs...

Leena said...

omg! 43kg. that's like my weight when i was 12.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Leena, actually 43kg has been my weight since my teenager years, sometimes even drops to 42kg.