Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Door Stopper


I notice that most people with kids do not place door stoppers on their doors at home. Those who place them only attach 1 door stopper to the front opening of the door. I've had my fair share of lesson learnt when both Alycia and Sherilyn's finger and thumb got pinched and squashed by doors last year. It never occured to me that placing 2 door stoppers on a door is SO important, one on the front opening of the door and another one at the back, as shown in the above pic.

Alycia's finger was pinched by the back opening of the door when the door closed by itself. I totally freaked out when I turned back and saw her little finger wedged by the door. I quickly applied cold/ice compress on the little finger and thank God, there wasn't much swelling.

Sherilyn was not that lucky. She was playing with the steel door in the wet kitchen when she placed her left thumb at the back opening of the door and used her right hand to close the door. OMG, her poor little thumb was squashed by the door. That sight was totally gory. Blood was oozing out and dribbled everywhere on the kitchen floor, on my clothes, on her body. Oh God, I almost blacked out. An x-ray revealed that the little bone of the left thumb had chipped. Long story cut short, the nail eventually came off after 1 month. Now, I have a real phobia of doors.

So to all parents with toddlers, please please do place 2 door stoppers on both sides of your doors. It will help prevent an unwanted accident.

3 comments:

jazzmint said...

oh gosh..thx for reminding, i think time to get some stoppers for my house. faythe likes to close doors lately, and i can imagine if vyktore were to accidentally place his finger there..ouchhhh

Anonymous said...

i too am very scared too.. but PB is very nonchalant about it..! i always say.. wait till the brat gets hurt.. and then i can lay a bigger guilt trip on him.. since he wouldn't listen to me.. and thinks i am paranoid..!
I say.. better be safe than sorry.. but he thinks otherwise..!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jazzmint.. I got mine free by redeeming them with my Mead Johnson kitty points!

Mama Bok.. firstly, thanks for dropping by my blog. Now you can tell PB (DH?) my story to scare him a bit, he he...
BTW, how did u get ur way to my new blog?