Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Natural Remedy For Flu And Throat Infection

During my recent bout of flu and throat infection, infected to me by my 2 little gals and DH, I've decided that I will cure myself naturally and vowed not to take antibiotics again, if necessary, coz antibiotics destroy all the bacteria in my body, whether good or bad bacteria and each time I'd taken antibiotics, I'd develop Vaginal Yeast Infection, something which I really really hate. So I surfed the net to find the best remedy for my ailment and pored thru my Natural Remedy book by Readers' Digest. The result? I was completely cured WITHOUT having to visit the dr., yay! Here's what I ate :

1. Popped garlic pills 2-3 times a day.


2. Popped Echinacea pills 2 times a day.


3. Drank raw Manuka honey. Method - either mix it with lemon juice or swallow a teaspoon of the honey without any water. Do not drink water thereafter for at least 15 minutes. Manuka honey is well-known for its antibacterial properties.


4. Popped probiotics pills.



5. Drank Redoxon Zinc + Vit C effervescent


6. Popped Vit ACE


7. To alleviate pain in throat, sucked Difflam anti-inflammatory & anti-bacterial lozenges. This really helped to alleviate the pain in the throat for a few hours but I had to bear with the side effect of a slightly numb tongue.


7. Popped Nurofen caplet to reduce fever & alleviate flu symptoms.


8. Gargle salt water throughout the day.


9. Asked maid to cook me 'Sick People Soup'. Check out recipe here.

Well, this concoction worked for me. Hope it will also work for whoever who is keen to try it.

Disclaimer : This article is not intended to be a medical advice. It is purely based on my own experience.




5 comments:

Jeff See said...

natural remedy should be smthg from natural wholesome plant ie an apple, orange, any vege. Altho vitamins/mineral tablets are made from natural source but these tablets are single-extracted(ie vit C, A, E) that needed a chemical process to do so, in other word, it's not natural at all and can cause side-effect if taking fr long term or overdose.

just my 2c

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, u sound like a health pro.
When I write natural remedy, I meant not having to pop synthetic drugs from the dr. Yup, anything taken in excess is not good.

Jeff See said...

If it's not natural, anything taken in excess of the limit will cause side-effect, but if it is natural, it wont cause side-effect, it will be just a waste.

btw, i'm not a health pro, sorry if I sound like one, hehe, am just trying to tell the fact taken from studies/research done :)

just my 2c

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jeff, u r also a health freak? Or u r in this line? Coz it takes a lot of interest in oneself to take the trouble to do researches.

Jeff See said...

not really, just health cautious and I still eat my fav food as usual(nt too much tho), important thing is I will make sure my body hv sufficient nutrition in daily basis, so that my body immune system will function properly.

Enjoying health and longevity thru Nutritional Immunology