Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Love For Reading


Alycia and Sherilyn love 'reading' books. Every morning after drinking their milk, they will sit on the potty to do their little poopy business whilst I read to them or they read themselves. I think it's good to start inculcating the habit of reading to kids from young so that they will have a life-long love for books and reading. It's much easier to nurture and shape kids from young.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness u even make them their own books hehe.

Sky loves Dr Seuss and that's what Rae read to develop her reading. Rae now reads most of her storybooks herself thanks to that man! very useful since English is so hard to teach (words that spell the same dont sound the same sometimes), so Dr Seuss really hit those home.

Great to see your blog, lady. Keep on blogging!

jazzmint said...

oh, reading while pooping is good culture, at least time not wasted haha...this is something which i never did cultivate in my ownself

Anonymous said...

My brat hasn't learnt the act of sitting down.. and reading yet..! she flips her books..!! and of course.. we can't blame her.. because we bring her to work with us. And by the time i go home with her.. i'm busy .. cooking.. and cleaning her up.. and feeding her dinner.. and getting her bath ready.. and milky.. and more dishes. I know it is no excuse.. but i so envy your kids.. ;) i will have to start soon.. and not wait for PB .. to help..!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jenn... yup, my gals love Dr Seuss too. Even I love them.

Jazzmint... everyone in my family reads while we do our big poopy biz. When I was young, I used to bring in at least 1 - 2 Noddy series books from Enid Blyton whenever I squatted & did my biz. Wah, damn 'sun foo' when I got up after the 1 hr or so, my legs would be tingling with numbness till I cant even stand but i'd happily continue reading my Noddy thereafter.

MamaBok... yes, go start right away. All you need is just 3-5 mins a day of reading to her & a good habit is slowly building. Trust me, it works. Good luck.