Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, April 23, 2007

Health Freak

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a heath nut & cleanliness freak and a hypochondriac. I wasn't like this when I was younger, not at all. The 'disease' slowly built up over the years. I became a health nut when I was working in a bank more than 10 years ago. As it was really stressful working in the HR Dept of a bank, I developed many stres-related illnesses and was perpetually sick. I hated to take my medication coz they made me feel terrible. It was a colleague of mine who recommended me to cleanse & detoxify my body by eating fruits first thing in the morning on an empty tummy and never ate food after eating fruits. I religously followed the regime & my health improved tremendously. 4 years down the road, when I was diagnosed as suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and went thru infertility & later fertility treatments to conceive, my whole life shattered and my entire life turned around. I became obssessed with working out to loose weight, read up the Atkins Diet & followed it religously and ate very healthily. Today, I thank God that I had to go thru years of hell because now, I am a very healthy lady, worked out daily come rain or shine and I appreciate my kids more. I can pass off as a college student when I am not with my kids and don't even look like a mother of 2, ahem, :wink: ! My kids too now have to follow mummy's diet plan and because of this, they don't have a sweet tooth.

No comments: